Between now and September 2011 Odyssey Institute will be planning their outdoor environmental education, service learning and leadership programs for schools and colleges for academic year 2011/2012!
Sign up now to ensure a space and availability of the programs and dates you want…
Outdoor Environmental Education, Service Learning and Leadership programs ‘Custom Designed’ to suit your school and curriculum needs!
Do you need to meet the Standards and Benchmarks or School Wide Learning Results of your school curriculum while providing field trips, service learning or leadership for your students?
Are you looking for unique and inspiring field trips / learning adventures in South East Asia? Do you need a new and exciting location for your A level / IB DP Biology/Geography Field trip?
Let Odyssey Institute do the work for you!
We can provide trips that:
- Meet MYP & IB Standards and CAS requirements
- Meet your subject specific Standards & Benchmarks, for ecology and environmental science strands of the IGCSE / A level / IB Biology / Geography syllabus
- Hands-on Service Learning opportunities to benefit the environment and local communities – suitable for CAS or Duke of Edinburgh Award / International Award Service section
- Meet IB Group 4 requirements
- Pre and Post trip packets for use as pre-trip preparation OR post-trip follow up in the classroom
- Cultural and Natural history trips and experiences up close and personal with local flora, fauna and diverse cultures in Bali and other locations throughout Indonesia!
About the team of program designers and naturalists
Kenny Peavy has over 14 years of experience as a classroom science teacher and field naturalist. He is an EARCOS-approved practitioner and trainer for environmental education.
Kenny is co-author of the National Science Teacher recommended As if the Earth Matters and over 50+ travel and natural history articles and has also facilitated over 30+ workshops on methods of outdoor education and natural history.
Ben Tamblyn is Founder and Executive Director of the the Odyssey Institute and has over 15 years experience in youth work, anthropology, travel adventure and experiential education in Asia. He is an inspired facilitator with extensive experience working with youth in wilderness and outreach settings.
Brad Korpalski is a highly experienced environmental educator specializing in experiential, enquiry-based learning and facilitating leadership development in wilderness environments.
This team’s experience with public and international schools coupled with leading outdoor environmental education trips will ensure that your custom made trip will suit your needs!