Hope you had a great celebration of the Winter Solstice and cause for revelry to remind us we have made one more successful revolution around a big fiery ball of hydrogen & helium burning brightly in the center of our solar system!
See more about our adventure call GREEN Riders here: http://greenriders.asia/
And see our way cool & groovy video series here: http://www.youtube.com/user/greenridersasia
After that I launched full time into my consultancy for Environmental Education, Sustainability and Service Learning.. WOOT WOOT!
Since then I have:
- Spoken at the GINSing (Global Issues Network Singapore) student conference about GREEN Riders & Rockin’ 4 the Environment & facilitated workshops to inspire them into action!
- Been granted US$1000 from EARCOS to sponsor Rockin’ 4 the Reefs and educate local students in Malaysia about coral reef ecology and why reefs need our protection
- Worked with United World College Singapore up in Chiang Mai, Thailand- teaching their students about stream ecology & initiating a Service Learning Project in a local village
- Begun planning for Rockin’ 4 the Reefs in conjunction with Reef Check Malaysia– a music, arts & cultural festival to raise awareness for conservation in SE Asia
The year ahead promises:
- Environmental Education trips with In Touch With Nature Education to Thailand and Indonesia with student from all over the region
- An intern coming to work with me for 6-weeks to design eco-friendly and natural play spaces & outdoor learning centers
- Working with LEAP to implement environmentally friendly and sustainable practices in schools
- Lots of adventure and time to play outside!
It will be a good year to learn more about Nature… and I truly hope you get inspired to GO OUTSIDE & EXPLORE!